Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Man Who Built Thousands of Toilets in India

I hope you find this inspiring. Ishwar Patel, or Ishwar-kaka, died earlier this year. His obit is a beautiful tribute to an inventive Gandhian who saw a big problem in India (and worldwide) and created solutions. Check out www.dailygood.org/more.php?n=4439 I'll try to put the link here, though I've had trouble before when I put in a link.
Love to all, Esther

3 comments:

  1. Esther: Nice post! To create the active link, select the text you want to make clickable and then click on the "link" icon. (It can be, but does not have to be, the link itself.) You'll then get a window where you can enter the full URL for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hank. I'll try that next time. Are you going to the reunion? I'm not because I've booked a ticket to Spain for most of Oct, to go back on the Camino so I can research/ finish my children's book about that pilgrimage. Hate to sacrifice a GNID event. Had airline miles for a free flight, so it's kind of a carpe-diem moment. (Who knows what the economy/travel will be like next year.) Maybe someone will write daily reunion updates here. That would be such fun to read, for all who can't make it.
    Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Esther: Sorry you won't make the reunion, but you've got an excellent excuse! Wish I could join you for that wonderful excursion! I am planning on going to the reunion and am thinking I'll drive out so I can also visit my brother in Denver and other friends out west. I'll try to at least post pictures daily. Will you have Internet access on the trail? Ciao.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.