At our GNID reunion at Hank’s in July 2010, some of us were sitting around talking about places we’d lived at some point in our lives.
And we started a list of GNID-visited countries. Wow, what an international group we are! I never knew that Larry was born in Algeria, and that Marilee’s been all over Africa, and....
The rule we followed was that you could “qualify” to say you’d lived in a country if you had spent at least four consecutive weeks there (maybe we said 6 weeks, I forget; for purposes of this list, I’m making a unilateral ruling that four weeks is sufficient).
So here’s a beginning of the list, with the initials of the class member who “lived” there. I only included on the list so far the names of those of us who were playing this game, although I know of other classmates who’ve lived elsewhere. I didn’t want to presume to add them without their permission.
Please feel free to make corrections and additions of any other countries and remember to include your name in the COMMENTS section at the end of this. I expect we collectively have lived in many more places. What a novel we could write!
NAME CODE
HL--Hank Lacy
KW--Karen Wilcox
TC-Ted Chitamber
MR--Marilee K Rhody
LS--Larry Smith
SH--Sue Hanifl
EJ--Esther Jantzen
WM--Will Manton
RF--Rachel Finney
COUNTRIES
Algeria--LS
Antartica--LS
Belgium--LS
Burkina Faso--KW
Burma--WM
Burundi--MR
Canada--MR, LS, RF
China--MR
England--RF, TC
Ethiopia--MR
Fiji--HL
France--KW
Germany--KW
INDIA--All of us, of course
Indonesia--LS, HL
Italy--KW
Japan--KW, LS, HL, MR, WM
Korea--KW
North Korea--HL
Laos--MR
Malaysia--HL
Mali--MR
Mexico--RF
Morocco--KW
Nepal--HL
Netherlands--RF
Niger--MR
Nigeria--SH
Pakistan--SH, MR, LS
Panama--TC
Philippines-- HL, KW, TC
Scotland--RF
Spain--EJ
Switzerland--KW
Turkey--RF
USA--All of us
Vietnam--TC
Zambia--MR
Esther
ReplyDeleteStrike Antarctica, I only visited there. Add my name to China and France.
Larry
Thanks for the correction, Larry. But I think you deserve honorable mention for even just visiting Antartica. I bet you've been the only GNID presence there.
ReplyDelete